Orlando Counseling Can Help With Domestic Violence.
With the recent events surrounding the NFL, domestic violence has become prominent on television, around the “water cooler” at the workplace and on social networking sites. Domestic violence is the willful intimidation, physical assault, battery, sexual assault, and/or other abusive behavior perpetrated by one intimate partner against another. The therapists at Gilstrap & Associates want to provide some facts and statistics that we found from the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
We have several therapists within our Orlando counseling practice that have worked with and helped victims of domestic violence. Please call us at 407-522-9919 or email us to schedule an appointment if you or someone you know may be a victim of domestic violence or in an abusive relationship.
- Approximately 42.4 million women in the United States have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- 1 in 3 women have experienced physical violence by an intimate partner.
- 1 in 10 men have experienced rape, physical violence, and/or stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crime.
- Intimate partner violence is most common among women between the ages of 18-24.